Wednesday, March 18, 2009

First Time!

So my husband took the initiative to seek out some other people who might be willing to teach us some D&D and, lo and behold, found a lovely couple planning some 4th-edition mayhem at Asgard Games on Tuesday nights. We showed up yesterday evening with our cute little starter dice securely zipped into a plastic sandwich bag and got down to business.

Oh my goodness, it was so much fun.

But! Oh my goodness, it was so much math.

Fortunately these folks (a boyfriend-girlfriend pair plus another dude and, of course, my huz) have the brains that can math. I do not. I have vague plans for an angsty screed about my Tremendous Math Anxiety at some point in the future (it will be scintillating) but for now I'll just say that arithmetic gives me the cold shakes. Plus I often had no idea why we were rolling dice.

But! It was fun. Everyone held my little hand (metaphorically) so I didn't slow everything down too much with my liberal-artsy inability to add 6 and 9 in my head.

J rolled a fantastic Half-Elf Cleric he named Iannan. Me? Half-Orc Barbarian named Naja.



Because J loves me he stopped by Nan's games & Comics Too and got me a little pile of gorgeous Chessex dice. ...and some for himself.


Shiny New Dice!

Time to start sewin' some fancy pouches, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment